1. What is meant by the words conifer, co-evolution, cycadophyte, angiosperm, diversity, and endemism?
2. What is the general pattern of dinosaur diversity through time? When were dinosaurs at their most diverse? When were they at their least diverse?
3. On what continents are the most dinosaurs found? Why might this be?
4. Describe climatic conditions throughout the Mesozoic.
5. Describe the degree to which the continents were separated throughout the Mesozoic. When were the continents most like they are now? When were they least like they are now?
6. What is the relationship between endemism and the distribution of continents? Why is this so?
7. Describe the general outlines of plant evolution through the Mesozoic.
8. What is the general relationship between dinosaur diversity and plant evolution through the Mesozoic?
9. What is the relationship between herbivore chewing specializations and plant diversity in the Mesozoic?
10. Drawing on material from other chapters, can you think of highly evolved behaviors that appear to be related to plant diversity?
11. What kinds of evolutionary changes characterize Theropoda in the context of plant diversity and increased ornithischian diversity in the Mesozoic?
Was this article helpful?